The West Virginia Mountaineers (15-6 overall, 8-4 Big 12) visit the TCU Horned Frogs (11-9, 4-7) in a Tuesday evening (7 p.m. ET) affair at Schollmaier Arena in Fort Worth, Texas. Below, we analyze the West Virginia-TCU college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
West Virginia is No. 13 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
West Virginia at TCU: Odds, spread and lines
- Money line: West Virginia -350 (bet $350 to win $100) | TCU +280 (bet $100 to win $280)
- Against the spread/ATS: West Virginia -7.5 (-110) | TCU +7.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 147.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
West Virginia at TCU: Three things to know
- The Mountaineers are in Texas for the back half of a Lonestar State double. West Virginia defeated the Texas Longhorns, 84-82, on Saturday. The game marked WVU’s second one-possession game in a row (91-90 overtime loss to Oklahoma on Feb. 20) and another high-scoring performance for a Mountaineer offense that has cranked out 84.4 points per game since Jan. 25.
- Texas Christian heads into this contest off back-to-back losses and having scored just 109 total points in those games. TCU has been held under 56 points five times in its last eight games. For the season, the Horned Frogs are averaging 68.3 PPG (eighth Big 12).
- West Virginia has won five road games in a row. The Mountaineers are 4-1 against the spread over those five tilts. In away games overall, WVU ranks top-30 in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage, free-throw rate, and 3-point accuracy.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Special West Virginia College Basketball Offer: Bet $1 on West Virginia’s money line, win an additional $100 (in free bets) if West Virginia hits a 3-pointer during their game. Place your legal, online bets in West Virginia at BetMGM. New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
West Virginia at TCU: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
West Virginia 79, TCU 71
Money line (ML)
WVU is the lean in principle and the lean to win this contest by at least a couple of possessions. But the price on TCU is approaching value territory. Anything approaching +300 for the home five would make for a margin worth pursuing.
Against the spread (ATS)
The Mountaineers play at a top-third pace, and that tempo factor played into a few TCU setbacks this winter. The Frogs are 1-7 ATS in their last eight on home hardwood.
In a game that figures to hit 150 total points, WVU’s significant edge in second-chance, perimeter, and free-throw points add up to a solid 7-to-9-point win. The margin is slim on its current number, but the lean is on WEST VIRGINIA -7.5 (-110).
The Over is 10-1 in WVU’s last 11 overall. TCU averaged 85 PPG over three contests preceding its two recent low-scoring games.
TAKE THE OVER 147.5 (-110).
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=1667]