The Purdue Boilermakers (8-5 overall, 3-3 Big Ten) visit the Indiana Hoosiers (8-5, 3-3) in a Thursday evening (7 p.m. ET) contest at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind. Below, we analyze the Purdue-Indiana college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Purdue at Indiana: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Purdue +145 (bet $100 to win $145) | Indiana -175 (bet $175 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Purdue +3.5 (-110) | Indiana -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 130.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Purdue at Indiana: Three things to know
- Indiana hasn’t defeated Purdue since Feb. 20, 2016, a stretch of seven straight games in the intrastate series. In that win streak, the Boilermakers have gone 4-2-1 against the number. Their average winning margin (straight-up) has been nine points.
- Indiana’s F Trayce Jackson-Davis has logged five double-doubles this season. That feat includes IU’s last three games. Over games against Maryland, Wisconsin, and Nebraska, the 6-foot-9 sophomore has tallied 60 points while grabbing 30 rebounds.
- Purdue is playing its fourth consecutive game away from home. The Boilermakers haven’t played at Mackey Arena since Dec. 25 and have played only one game on home hardwood since Dec. 16. If any road fatigue is setting in, it has perhaps become most apparent in PU’s shooting touch. Purdue shot a combined 36.6% from the floor in its last two games (at Illinois, at Michigan State).
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon — register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Purdue at Indiana: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Indiana 67, Purdue 62
Money line (ML)
The ML prices here are wide-left and wide-right of the any value margins. PASS.
Against the spread (ATS)
The Hoosiers are the superior defensive team, and look for turnovers to be a key advantage. On offense, Indiana has a big match-up advantage inside.
It’s unlikely Purdue can make this a one-score game. TAKE INDIANA -3.5 (-110).
Both teams play slow-tempo, lower-possession-count style of basketball. But IU’s recent trend line has me lean Over, and that opens up some value on a number that also is just going to “look low” to many casual bettors.
POUNCE: TAKE THE UNDER 130.5 (-105).
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=1667]