The Kansas State Wildcats (8-9) take on the Kansas Jayhawks (14-3) Tuesday in a Big XII rivalry game at Allen Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET. We analyze the Kansas State-Kansas odds and betting lines, with college basketball betting advice and tips around this matchup.
Kansas State at Kansas: Three things you need to know
1. Since Bruce Weber’s first year as Kansas State’s head coach (2012-13), these two teams have played 17 games and the Jayhawks are 14-3 with eight double-digit wins.
2. Kansas State has lost 13 consecutive games in Kansas.
3. Kansas State beat Kansas in its first head-to-head meeting last season, 74-67, but three starters from that squad are no longer on the roster.
Kansas State at Kansas: Odds, betting lines and picks
Kansas 71, Kansas State 52
Unless you have insider information or really feel like gambling, this moneyline is absolutely a stay away. The Wildcats are 1-3 on the road this season, while the Jayhawks are 6-1 in home games, so Kansas winning outright is the most logical outcome. Kansas State’s +1150 price point isn’t nearly steep enough to justify backing the Wildcats and their 8% probability of stealing a road victory over the Jayhawks. And you cannot bet $3,333 on a Kansas victory to earn just a $100 profit.
PASS ON THE MONEYLINE.
Against the Spread (ATS)
I’m going to lay the frighteningly large number and BET KANSAS -16 (-121) to win by at least 17 points. The Jayhawks have proven their mettle thus far in the season as they are the third-ranked team in the nation despite playing the toughest schedule. Kansas has been much better against the spread this season; the Jayhawks are 10-6 ATS while the Wildcats are just 6-11 ATS.
Also, there are too many edges in Kansas’ favor to back the underdog:
- Kansas ranks 16th in the nation in opponent points per game and Kansas State ranks 308th in PPG.
- Kansas is 12th in opponent field-goal percentage; Kansas State is 234th in field goal percentage.
- Kansas does a great job keeping opponents off the glass (ranked 31st in opponent rebounds per game) and Kansas State is 301st in the nation in rebounds per game.
I LEAN not like, UNDER 126 (+100) because we are laying such a big number with Kansas -16 and it’s tough to ask for a landslide to go Under the total. But, Kansas has a 4-12 Over/Under record on the season, the Under is 7-0 in the Jayhawks’ last seven games as a favorite and the Wildcats have a 1-6 O/U record in their last seven road games.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=11866]