The Kansas State Wildcats (8-9) take on the Kansas Jayhawks (14-3) Tuesday in a Big XII rivalry game at Allen Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET. We analyze the Kansas State-Kansas odds and betting lines, with college basketball betting advice and tips around this matchup.
Kansas State at Kansas: Three things you need to know
1. Since Bruce Weber’s first year as Kansas State’s head coach (2012-13), these two teams have played 17 games and the Jayhawks are 14-3 with eight double-digit wins.
2. Kansas State has lost 13 consecutive games in Kansas.
3. Kansas State beat Kansas in its first head-to-head meeting last season, 74-67, but three starters from that squad are no longer on the roster.
Get some action on this college basketball matchup or others by placing a legal sports bet at BetMGM! New customer offer: Risk-free first bet! Visit BetMGM for terms and conditions.
Kansas State at Kansas: Odds, betting lines and picks
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated at 12:50 p.m. ET.
Kansas 71, Kansas State 52
Unless you have insider information or really feel like gambling, this moneyline is absolutely a stay away. The Wildcats are 1-3 on the road this season, while the Jayhawks are 6-1 in home games, so Kansas winning outright is the most logical outcome. Kansas State’s +1150 price point isn’t nearly steep enough to justify backing the Wildcats and their 8% probability of stealing a road victory over the Jayhawks. And you cannot bet $3,333 on a Kansas victory to earn just a $100 profit.
PASS ON THE MONEYLINE.
Against the Spread (ATS)
I’m going to lay the frighteningly large number and BET KANSAS -16 (-121) to win by at least 17 points. The Jayhawks have proven their mettle thus far in the season as they are the third-ranked team in the nation despite playing the toughest schedule. Kansas has been much better against the spread this season; the Jayhawks are 10-6 ATS while the Wildcats are just 6-11 ATS.
Also, there are too many edges in Kansas’ favor to back the underdog:
- Kansas ranks 16th in the nation in opponent points per game and Kansas State ranks 308th in PPG.
- Kansas is 12th in opponent field-goal percentage; Kansas State is 234th in field goal percentage.
- Kansas does a great job keeping opponents off the glass (ranked 31st in opponent rebounds per game) and Kansas State is 301st in the nation in rebounds per game.
I LEAN not like, UNDER 126 (+100) because we are laying such a big number with Kansas -16 and it’s tough to ask for a landslide to go Under the total. But, Kansas has a 4-12 Over/Under record on the season, the Under is 7-0 in the Jayhawks’ last seven games as a favorite and the Wildcats have a 1-6 O/U record in their last seven road games.
Want some action on this matchup? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @Geoffery_Clark and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=11866]