The Kentucky Wildcats (16-4) head to Auburn Arena to play the Auburn Tigers (18-2) at 6:00 p.m. ET. We analyze the Kentucky-Auburn odds and betting lines, with college basketball betting advice and tips around this matchup.
Wildcats at Tigers: Three things you need to know
- Auburn is 3-6 straight up and 4-4-1 against the spread versus the Wildcats since Bruce Pearl’s first season at Auburn (2014-15).
- Kentucky has won eight of its previous nine games, including two overtime victories over ranked opponents – the Louisville Cardinals and Texas Tech Red Raiders.
- Auburn is winners of three in a row after dropping the previous two to SEC opponents—Georgia Bulldogs and Alabama Crimson Tide— by double-digits.
Wildcats at Tigers: Odds, betting lines and picks
Auburn 79, Kentucky 70
We are backing the senior-laden Auburn -167 team against the trademark diaper dandy stacked Wildcats +135. The four starting seniors for Auburn are going to be jacked up to win in their final home game against SEC-rival Kentucky who’s starting zero seniors.
However, what gives me pause in betting the moneyline is Kentucky is the first ranked opponent for Auburn in 2019-20, while the Wildcats are 3-1 straight up and against the spread against ranked competition. I do like Auburn in this spot but still I’m PASSING ON A MONEY LINE WAGER in Kentucky-Auburn.
Against the Spread (ATS)
I LOVE AUBURN -3.5 (-110) for a couple of trendy reasons:
- Auburn has the second-best ATS record in the SEC since 2014 at 45-37-1 with a 10.2 margin of victory and Kentucky has the second-worst ATS record as a road team at 24-30-1 ATS.
- Kentucky doesn’t do well when spotted points on the road: the Wildcats are 5-8 ATS as a road ‘dog since 2014. And the Tigers have the best ATS record in the SEC when laying points at home: they are 37-23-1 ATS and a 15.8 margin of victory with Pearl at the helm.
LET’S TAKE the OVER 142.5 (-121) in Kentucky-Auburn. The Tigers have a 6-4-1 over/under record at home and the Wildcats have a 4-0 O/U record on the road. Also, we like Auburn laying points in this spot so it’s good to note that their O/U record as a home favorite is 38-21-2 since 2014, which is an SEC high for overs in that period. Furthermore, Kentucky has a 8-5 O/U record as an away underdog in that time frame.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=11866]