The Creighton Bluejays (10-2 overall, 6-1 Big East) visit the Butler Bulldogs (3-7, 2-5) for a Saturday afternoon (2 p.m. ET) Big East battle at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Below, we analyze the Creighton -Butler college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Creighton is No. 6 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Creighton at Butler: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Creighton -400 (bet $400 to win $100) | Butler +310 (bet $100 to win $310)
- Against the spread/ATS: Creighton -8.5 (-110) | Butler +8.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 140.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Creighton at Butler: Three things to know
- Through the early going, Creighton sports the Big East’s best offense (83.3 points per game) and the circuit’s third-leading defense (68.9). The Bluejays’ offense was in high gear over its last two games (186 combined points), but those games were at home. Two of CU’s worst shooting performances of the winter have come in the teams last five games; both were o the road.
- Butler’s 63.0 points-per-game scoring average ranks last in the Big East. And the Bulldogs haven’t logged a game above that average since Dec. 23. BU’s field-goal percentage on 2-point tries has dropped from 52.3% a year ago to 48.9% this season.
- A year ago, Creighton was rolling offensively and toted an eight-game win streak into Hinkle Fieldhouse. The Bluejays shot 38.9% and were soundly defeated by the Bulldogs in a 71-57 contest. Creighton heads to Indianapolis having lost three straight at Hinkle (0-3 ATS).
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon — register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Creighton at Butler: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Creighton 75, Butler 64
Money line (ML)
The Bluejays’ -400 tag equates to an implied probability of 80%. Figure Creighton as more of an 85% play in this one. While it’s chalky, TAKE THE BLUEJAYS -400.
Against the spread (ATS)
Over their last 26 games against sub-.400 teams, the Bluejays are 19-7 ATS. The Bulldogs are 1-4-1 ATS in their last six home games against teams with winning road records.
Last year’s CU loss at Butler was against a healthier Bulldogs squad and one that poured in 10 3-pointers in that meeting. Both teams head into this one with some significant injury question marks, and the Bulldogs loading up o triples would be more of an anomaly this year.
BACK THE BLUEJAYS -8.5 (-110).
Figure on just a sliver of an Under lean here. PASS.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=1667]