The South Carolina Gamecocks (3-3 overall, 1-1 SEC) visit the Missouri Tigers (8-2, 2-2) in a Tuesday night (7 p.m. ET) contest at Mizzou Arena in Columbia, Mo. Below, we analyze the South Carolina-Missouri college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Missouri is No. 19 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
South Carolina at Missouri: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: South Carolina +200 (bet $100 to win $200) | Missouri -250 (bet $250 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: South Carolina +5.5 (-110) | Missouri -5.5 (-110)
- Over/Under:143.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
South Carolina at Missouri: Three things to know
- On Saturday, both the Gamecocks and Tigers returned from COVID shutdowns. South Carolina has had a few breaks in their schedule and did not play between Dec. 5-Jan. 2. The Gamecocks lost, 85-80, at LSU on Saturday. Missouri has had a more normal slate, but the Tigers had a 10-day layoff leading up to a 68-52 win over Texas A&M on Saturday.
- Missouri has held foes to an SEC-best 39.4% accuracy mark from the floor. Over their last three games, the Tigers’ opponents are shooting just 37.3% from behind the arc. Drilling down on shot-type analytics for the season Mizzou has been especially effective defending along the perimeter: opponents are shooting just 27.4% from 3-point distance.
- South Carolina plays an up-tempo style of basketball, with USC games averaging nearly 74 possessions. That’s up slightly from last season, and the Under is 4-2 in the Gamecocks’ six games. Missouri has played a schedule of mostly slow-tempo teams. Three opponents — Arkansas, Illinois, Oral Roberts — stand out like rabbits in the pace game. Mizzou logged ATS wins against all three (Over 2-0-1).
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon — register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
South Carolina at Missouri: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Missouri 76, South Carolina 69
Money line (ML)
PASS: look for a better value with the Tigers minus the points.
Against the spread (ATS)
South Carolina was solid in playing LSU tough on the road on Saturday. The Gamecocks were successful on the offensive glass in collecting the ATS win. And now they’re perhaps a bit overrated in this spot. A second straight road performance coming against a strong defensive team like Missouri seems unlikely.
TAKE THE TIGERS -5.5 (-110).
There’s only the slightest Over lean here: PASS.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=1667]