The Pro Football Hall of Fame has announced its finalists for the Class of 2021
The finalists for the 2021 Pro Football Hall of Fame, Modern-Era Players, were announced on Tuesday.
The list is headed by first-timers Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson and Charles Woodson.
The 2021 Modern-Era Player Finalists with their positions, years and teams:
- Jared Allen, Defensive End – 2004-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2008-2013 Minnesota Vikings, 2014-15 Chicago Bears, 2015 Carolina Panthers
- Ronde Barber, Cornerback/Safety – 1997-2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tony Boselli, Tackle – 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2002 Houston Texans (injured reserve)
- LeRoy Butler, Safety – 1990-2001 Green Bay Packers
- Alan Faneca, Guard – 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals
- Torry Holt, Wide Receiver – 1999-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars
- Calvin Johnson, Wide Receiver – 2007-2015 Detroit Lions
- John Lynch, Safety – 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos
- Peyton Manning, Quarterback – 1998-2011 Indianapolis Colts (injured reserved 2011), 2012-15 Denver Broncos
- Clay Matthews, Linebacker – 1978-1993 Cleveland Browns, 1994-96 Atlanta Falcons
- Sam Mills, Linebacker – 1986-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-97 Carolina Panthers
- Richard Seymour, Defensive End/Defensive Tackle – 2001-08 New England Patriots, 2009-2012 Oakland Raiders
- Zach Thomas, Linebacker – 1996-2007 Miami Dolphins, 2008 Dallas Cowboys
- Reggie Wayne, Wide Receiver – 2001-2014 Indianapolis Colts
- Charles Woodson, Cornerback/Safety – 1998-2005, 2013-15 Oakland Raiders, 2006-2012 Green Bay Packers
YEARS OF ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for election, Modern-Era Players must have last played more than five seasons ago.
|Year of Eligibility
||Jared Allen, Calvin Johnson, Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson
||Ronde Barber, Richard Seymour
||Tony Boselli, LeRoy Butler
||Clay Matthews Jr.