The Florida State Seminoles (7-2 overall, 3-1 ACC) visit the Louisville Cardinals (9-2, 4-1) for a Monday evening (7 p.m. ET) contest at the KFC Yum! Center. Below, we analyze the Florida State-Louisville college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Louisville is No. 18 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Florida State at Louisville: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Florida State +120 (bet $100 to win $120) | Louisville -145 (bet $145 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Florida State +2.5 (-110) | Louisville -2.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 140.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Florida State at Louisville: Three things to know
- The Cardinals are 6-0 at home this season (2-3-1 ATS). Dating back more than a calendar year, Louisville has won 14 in a row on its home hardwood. UL’s last home loss was to Florida State: the ‘Noles beat the Cards, 78-65, on Jan. 4, 2020.
- The Seminoles were on a COVID hiatus from Dec. 30-Jan. 12. FSU came roaring back with a 105-point performance (70.7% field-goal accuracy) against N.C. State on Wednesday. Florida State ranks 30th in the nation on 3-point shooting (38.2%). The ‘Noles went 20-of-34 (58.8%) from distance in two games last week.
- FSU G Scottie Barnes has an ankle injury and is questionable for Monday night. The freshman talent missed the Seminoles’ last game (Saturday) and played just 13 minutes the game before. Barnes is Florida State’s second-leading scorer (11.1 points per game) and top assist man (4.1 per game).
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon — register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Florida State at Louisville: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Florida State 73, Louisville 70
Money line (ML)
Florida State is the likable play in this one. The Barnes injury situation chips away at the lean a bit, but the FSU potential from distance and on defense is compelling enough.
TAKE FLORIDA STATE (+120).
Against the spread (ATS)
Florida State is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games against over-.600 teams. Louisville is 1-3-1 ATS in its last five home games. BACK THE SEMINOLES +2.5 (-110) against what looks to be an overrated Cardinals team.
The Over is 5-1-1 in the Seminoles’ last seven games, and it is 4-0 in the Cardinals’ last four against winning teams.
Louisville plays a relatively slow-paced game, but the Cardinals have been dragged into more possessions of late. Figure on both offenses getting a fair number of looks in the second-chance and free-throw departments.
TAKE THE OVER 140.5 (-110).
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=1667]