The Michigan Wolverines (11-0 overall, 6-0 Big Ten) tee it up with the Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-4, 3-4) in a Saturday matinee (2 p.m. ET) at Williams Arena in Minneapolis. Below, we analyze the Michigan-Minnesota college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Michigan is No. 5 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports. Minnesota is ranked 19th.
Michigan at Minnesota: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Michigan -275 (bet $275 to win $100) | Minnesota +220 (bet $100 to win $220)
- Against the spread/ATS: Michigan -5.5 (-120) | Minnesota +5.5 (+100)
- Over/Under: 147.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Michigan at Minnesota: Three things to know
- Michigan (82.0 points per game) and Minnesota (79.1) ranks third and fourth, respectively in Big Ten scoring. The Wolverines spread their scoring around, with seven players averaging between 5.7 PPG and 17.5 PPG. The Golden Gophers are more top-heavy: junior G Marcus Carr is averaging 20.9 PPG. Carr is averaging 23.9 PPG at home.
- The Gophers lost to Michigan, 82-57, in Ann Arbor 10 days ago. Minnesota shooting woes (37.5% effective field goal) led to the Wolverines opening a two-score lead by the six-minute mark of the first half and never looking back. Michigan is 17-3 (12-8 against the spread) over its last 20 games against the Gophers.
- The Wolverines have allowed just 111 points over their last two games. Michigan allowed 69.4 PPG in non-conference play, but in a half-dozen league games has held foes to just 62.8 PPG.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon — register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Michigan at Minnesota: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Michigan 75, Minnesota 70
Money line (ML)
Minnesota takes on some solid value in the +220 range. Keep an eye on the price as the game approaches.
Against the spread (ATS)
The Wolverines are a worthy favorite in the one-to-two-possession range, but they haven’t played on the road since Dec. 31 and have only played away from Ann Arbor twice in 11 games. PASS, but put a line-watch on this contest and see if you can get the Gophers at +6 or +6.5.
This contest features a fast-tempo home five against a more deliberate Michigan squad. Peg the visitors as struggling to put this one into the barn, with a total climbing into the mid-140s. TAKE THE OVER 140.5 (-110).
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
[lawrence-auto-related count=3 category=1667]